The service will introduce complementary Markit datasets, offer more timely data with the inclusion of pending and intraday trades and enhance the functionality of several existing products.
“We have invested in our online platform following extensive feedback from our lender and borrower customers. This new delivery channel is intuitive and can be easily scaled to meet the rapidly evolving requirements of the converging worlds of stock loan, repo and collateral management. This is part of a broader programme to address the growing collateral management requirements while continually enhancing our products,”said David Carruthers, managing director and co-head of securities finance at Markit.
The new platform includes the following features:
- Book management, enabling lenders and borrowers to benchmark trading positions against market positions
- Interactive charting, allowing users to create customisable views based on three years’ history, with integrated news and configurable criteria spanning key securities lending metrics
- Market share analysis supporting assessment of concentration risk and opportunities
- Trading flow highlights to identify squeeze risks and highlight the biggest changes in securities lending fees, lendable inventory and loan balances
- Portfolio monitoring, helping lending desks to create and monitor bespoke portfolios and watch lists
- Rerate tracking to gauge changes in rate trends